You’re passionate about providing your patients with the best care and enabling the best health outcomes for them. A lot falls on your shoulders: patient experience, quality, outcomes and productivity — and you need to work with other care team members to be successful. PatientTouch empowers nurses and clinicians to achieve results for your patients.
WHAT IS PATIENTTOUCH?
Built for clinicians by clinicians, PatientTouch is a collaboration solution that consolidates all of your work in one place, simplifying your day and delivering peace of mind. It unifies clinical workflows with communication, so you can do more, reliably.
PatientTouch makes it easy to:
- Reach and communicate efficiently with physicians
- Respond to and triage calls and alerts
- Keep track of and prioritize your tasks
- Organize and track rounding
- Share relevant patient and clinical data with the right team members
“Our nurses love PatientTouch Communications. They have used it for a few years, and they don’t want to use any other system.”†
“Our nurses have 100% adoption. A nurse’s extension is tied to his or her user account. The extension follows the nurse no matter which [shared] device they are using.”†
— †KLAS Performance Report, 2017.
Connect nurses and clinicians using multimedia message, image, and audio, while maintaining security compliance and improving patient safety via structured patient tagging.
mView streamlines communication and clinical decision-making by providing the assigned care team one-touch access to real-time patient status, medications, lab results, vitals, and assessments within the PatientTouch app.
Care Team Directory
You always know who’s assigned to your patients and if they’re available. Create groups and favorites to access those you work with frequently. Search for nurses and clinicians or providers by facility, floor, unit, role, or specialty.
PatientTouch integrates with your nurse call system so you can receive alerts as a message, allowing you to quickly triage and take appropriate action.
PatientTouch integrates with your alert systems to drastically decrease noise and alert fatigue as well as proactively alert the team of sepsis risk. Assignment-based routing, alert escalation, and configurable alert behavior ensure the right nurse or clinician receives the right alert in the right way. Sort-and-filter functionality helps you prioritize and triage.
PatientTouch streamlines specimen collection workflows by delivering order notifications, documentation, and processing on a mobile platform. The PatientTouch configurable recruitment and escalation engine assigns urgent orders in a timely manner to improve safety, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Real-time mobile draw list with automatic alerts and reminders for due specimen orders
- Real-time integration with hospital lab systems
- Fully configurable specimen collection processing consistent with hospital policy
- Support for mobile, positive patient identification and sample labeling at the bedside
- Management capabilities through dashboards and reporting
PatientTouch allows you to schedule rounds for patients, assign care team members, and follow through with tracking. This feature reduces the occurrence of hospital-acquired conditions (HACs) and improves quality and patient satisfaction scores. It also improves management of your at-risk patient populations and response with patient/family and staff.
- Real-time dashboards
- Customizable rounding templates
- Workflow-directed communications
- Risk assessment enhanced rounds for specific care scenarios (e.g. Falls, Pressure C-Diff)
- Handoff reports, including witness scan, documents assignment and handoff compliance.
Blood Product Administration
PatientTouch enables positive patient identification for transfusion safety management. Blood bank staff match blood samples with the correct blood products, and nurses or clinicians can ensure transfusion of blood products to the right patient.
PatientTouch enables mobile documentation of high frequency, short-duration assessments, and procedures. Real-time documented interventions, such as Early Warning for Sepsis (EWS), vitals, pain assessments, and falls risk make it easier for the clinical care team to stay apprised of patient status.
- Multi-disciplinary care plan execution assigns RN, CNA, and RT care roles to ordered interventions, vital sign collection, Early Warning for Sepsis (EWS) risk assessment, intake/output and dietary collection, hourly rounding, and patient assessments
- Mobile execution of intervention orders
- Respiratory therapy workflows deliver safe, effective patient care while staying deeply connected with clinical staff
- Insight into frontline care delivery processes improves quality through on-time performance improvement initiatives