Location: Greater San Diego Area
PatientSafe Solutions helps care teams communicate and work together reliably and efficiently through a mobile platform that unites clinical communication with workflows in one application, on one device. PatientTouch delivers secure messages, voice calls, critical alerts and nurse calls to a unified inbox prioritized for each care team member. The platform extends to include clinical workflows like rounding, specimen collection, sepsis and nursing documentation. Deeply integrated with the EMR, clinical, and directory systems, PatientTouch provides real-time patient, clinical and care team context for more efficient care collaboration and decision making. For more than a decade, PatientTouch has helped clinicians both in and outside the hospital streamline care delivery, increase quality and lower costs
Our Purpose: To ensure patient safety and care quality come first at all points of care.
We are actively seeking a Software Solutions Engineer to join our Clinical Development team. The Software Solutions Engineer is responsible for the program and implementation of the PatientTouch interface solution into the customer’s information technology infrastructure. This position is responsible for the development of complex integrated solutions and is often the first Interface with a vendor partner or new health systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as integrated solutions architect for new to PSS integrated solutions and key customer implementations
- Assists with project / program delivery to successful completion/go live by: Maintaining visibility on day-to-day activities with project teams AND ensuring sufficient face-time with key stakeholders.
- Creates facilities view of systems including: EMR, PhIS, Labs, IE, IV Pumps, Med Mgmt, etc. (versions, and multi-facility) as well as Data and message flow of systems, ports, etc.
- Designs and develops new features and enhancements for the clinical interface and application using various design methodologies primarily using Java, Spring, SQL, MySql, Groovy Designs Restful/SOAP APIs and integrate with Allscripts, Unity, Helios and Sansoro Emissary.
- Designs technical and clinical alert communication system to integrate with third party systems like Bernoulli, Wescall, Connexall and Hill-Rom.
- Partners with Business and IT stakeholders to ensure proper strategy, plan, alignment, integration and visibility.
- Supports the ‘experimental phase’ of interface/integration through educated trial and analysis.
- Reviews the end-to-end solutions and messaging spec with development and interface engineering.
- Supports key partner projects and exploratory work for executing on business development and SOWs.
- Provides status reporting to track project plans and resource progress and budgets where applicable.
- Participates in Sales calls and demonstrations to take the customer through current state workflows, identify gaps of workflows to be then added to current roadmap for completion.
- Writes identified gaps as user stores/requirements to align with product management roadmap for appropriate deployment with each scheduled release.
- Provides expertise in developing the implementation project plan and defining interface implementation deliverables.
ABOUT YOU (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or closely related discipline.
- Minimum two (2) years professional experience in any related occupation. * In lieu of a master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, and three (3) years of professional experience), employer will accept a bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, and eight (5) years professional experience, post-baccalaureate and progressive in nature).
- Strong experience with HL7 (Health Language 7) planning, implementation and testing, ADT, RDE, ORM, RAS, RGV, and ORU standard
formats. Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of establishing credibility with key customers, prospects and business partners, sales, customer support and development.
High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint).
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Solid analytical, critical thinking skills as well as demonstrated ability to multi-task and support multiple clients’ needs/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A competitive benefits package with company contributions to medical, dental, vision short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Progressive Parental Benefits Policy for those who qualify
- Flex Time Policy and generous holiday policy including one week off during the December holiday season
- Massages every week
- Gym access
- Fun, fast-paced culture
- Fully stocked kitchen with bagels/fruit delivered every Wednesday
- Best of all be part of a team innovating and creating impact in the Healthcare Communication Industry