Location: Greater San Diego Area
PatientSafe is an industry innovator. We empower clinicians to achieve results. We are a company passionately devoted to improving health outcomes for patients and increasing care team satisfaction. Come join our movement!
We are actively seeking a Software Integration Engineer to join our Clinical Development team. The Software Integration Engineer is responsible for the program and implementation of the PatientTouch interface solution into the customer’s information technology infrastructure. This position is responsible for the development of complex and often the first Interface with a vendor partner or new health systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as integrated solutions architect for new to PSS integrated solutions and key customer implementations
- Assists with project/program delivery to successful completion/go live by:
- Influencing senior leaders to balance competing priorities.
- Maintaining visibility on day-to-day activities with project teams AND ensuring sufficient face-time with key stakeholders.
- Creates facilities view of systems including: EMR, PhIS, Labs, IE, IV Pumps, Med Mgmt, etc. (versions, and multi-facility) as well as Data and
message flow of systems, ports, etc.
- Designs and develops new features and enhancements for the clinical interface and application using various design methodologies primarily using Java, Spring, SQL, MySql, Groovy Designs Restful/SOAP APIs and integrate with Allscripts, Unity, Helios, and Sansoro Emissary.
- Designs technical and clinical alert communication system to integrate with third-party systems like Bernoulli, Westcall, Connexall, and Hillrom.
- Partners with Business and IT stakeholders to ensure proper strategy, plan, alignment, integration, and visibility.
- Supports the ‘experimental phase’ of interface/integration through educated trial and analysis.
- Reviews the end-to-end solutions and messaging spec with development and interface engineering.
- Supports key partner projects and exploratory work for executing on business development and SOWs.
- Provides status reporting to track project plans and resource progress and budgets where applicable.
- Participates in Sales calls and demonstrations to take the customer through current state workflows, identify gaps of workflows to be then
added to current roadmap for completion.
- Writes identified gaps as user stores/requirements to align with product management roadmap for appropriate deployment with each scheduled
- Provides expertise in developing the implementation project plan and defining interface implementation deliverables.
- Maintains visibility on day-to-day activities with project teams AND ensure sufficient face-time with key program stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or closely related discipline.
- Minimum two (2) years professional experience in any related occupation. * In lieu of a master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, and three (3) years of professional experience), employer will accept a bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, and eight (5) years professional experience, post-baccalaureate and progressive in nature).
- Strong experience with HL7 (Health Language 7) planning, implementation and testing, ADT, RDE, ORM, RAS, RGV, and ORU standard
formats. Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of establishing credibility with key customers, prospects and business partners, sales, customer support and development.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint).
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Solid analytical, critical thinking skills as well as demonstrated ability to multi-task and support multiple clients’ needs/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.