Location: San Diego, CA, US
The project manager will join our customer operations organization, make an impact and grow their career. In addition to leading mission-critical healthcare technology deployments, they will play a key role in helping design the implementation process, communicating back improvements and developing repeatable processes. Project managers travel to/from customer sites periodically throughout the course of the project implementation (up to 50% travel).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage PatientSafe Solutions implementation projects to define cost, scope, schedule, and customer/implementation success objectives.
- Ensure internal and external implementation success specific to each project and their objectives.
- Collaborate with customer success managers to create an implementation coverage model (i.e. project governance) to ensure smooth execution.
- Develop the implementation project plan, define implementation scope and deliverables.
- Escalate system or client issues to appropriate management for follow up and resolution.
- Identify, track, and manage project risk.
- Assist in process improvement and the creation of repeatable implementation tools and training materials.
- Initiate and propose solutions for team alignment, to enable clear customer guidance.
- Adjust and adapt to project variables in a complex, inpatient healthcare setting.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area.
- 2+ years of demonstrated project management experience in healthcare information systems implementations (healthcare IT vendor, healthcare IT consulting, hospital IT/operational).
- Experience successfully deploying healthcare technology solutions to clinicians in the hospital inpatient setting.
- Knowledge of electronic medical record systems, and interfacing of multiple systems in the healthcare setting.
- Experience in deploying or maintaining EMRs (Cerner, Meditech, Epic).
- Understanding of healthcare integrations and interoperability (hl7, Nurse Call, Assignment, On Call Scheduling).
- Understanding of telephony systems and system integration.
- Competitive benefits package with company contributions to medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance.
- Progressive Parental Leave Policy.
- Flex-Time Policy and generous holiday policy including one week off during the December holiday season.
- Fun, fast-paced culture.
- Competitive compensation.
- Rewarding and innovative work.