Location: Greater San Diego Area
PatientSafe is an industry innovator. We empower clinicians to achieve results. We are a company passionately devoted to improving health outcomes for patients and increasing care team satisfaction. Come join our movement!
We are actively seeking a Platform Engineer to join our DevOps/Platform engineering team. We are looking for a techie that loves to learn new technologies and work on different projects all the time. This position builds and maintains tools for automated packaging, deployment, testing, monitoring, and operations as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues.
We use a wide mixture of technologies here at PSS. Some of the technologies you will be working with include:
Server: CentOS/RedHat Linux; ActiveMQ, Apache, CUPS, Java, ELK Logging (Elastic Search, Filebeat, Kibana, Logstash), FreeSwitch, HA-Proxy, Heartbeat, Kafka, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, NetScaler, NGINX/OpenResty, Openfire, Samba, Supervisor, Tomcat, HashiCorp Vault, Xtrabackup, ZooKeeper, and other Third Party tools and libraries.
Operations: Ansible, Artifactory, Git, Munin, Puppet, SVN, VMware ESX, Zabbix
Builds: Ant, Android Tools, Bash, Electron, Java, Jenkins, Maven, Perl, RPM Tools, Sencha, Xcode
Clients: Android, iOS, macOS, Windows Desktop
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Linux system administration and application support
- Develop and maintain systems automation and configuration management tools
- Quickly prototype and validate proof of concept systems and designs
- Work closely with Development, SQA, and Support to produce a stable OS platform, create sustainable upgrade processes, and mature systems monitoring
- Document systems and deployment methodologies
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems in dev/sqa/production environments
- Work in a small team environment supporting lots of different teams
- Ability to work collaboratively and self-directed as needed
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or closely related discipline
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in medical technology or closely related industry
- Strong Linux background (Production Linux administration experience) and be able to support and learn a variety of platforms including; macOS, Windows and mobile platforms(Android/iOS)
- Understanding of networking and server clustering
- Virtualization using VMware ESX or similar
- Strong scripting skills in Bash|Shell, Perl and Python
- Solid interpersonal skills and written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint).
- Solid analytical, critical thinking skills as well as demonstrated ability to multi-task and support multiple clients’
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Atlassian Software (BitBucket/Git, Confluence, Jira)
- Configuration Management Tools like Ansible, Chef|CFEngine and or Puppet
- Experience with Version Control Systems such as Subversion(SVN) or Git is highly desirable
- CentOS and Red Hat Linux Distributions administration
- MySQL / Microsoft SQL Administration
- Tomcat or other J2EE application server deployment
- Large scale Linux deployment and monitoring (Munin/Nagios/Zabbix)
- Release Management – Continuously Build, Deploy and Test using Ansible, Jenkins and build tools like Ant, Maven, and scripting languages
- Security-oriented background (Firewalls, RootKits, SSL, TripWire, and VPN technologies)
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS, etc.)