Job Posting Code – PSS-1033
Reports to: CFO and Controller
PatientSafe is an industry innovator. We empower clinicians to achieve results. We are a company passionately devoted to improving health outcomes for patients and increasing care team satisfaction. Come join our movement!
We are actively seeking an Accounting & Payroll Associate to join our Finance team. The Accounting & Payroll Associate is responsible for multi-state full-cycle payroll, customer billing, bank reconciliations, and purchasing. The Accounting & Payroll Associate also serves as key support for both special projects and internal and external audits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect, compile and enter payroll data.
- Process payroll by established deadlines.
- Reconcile and audit employee deductions.
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors.
- Update electronic payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, deductions, and job title and department transfers.
- Process new employees and terminations.
- Prepare and submit payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, personnel changes to supervisor.
- Responsible for all 401(k) administration including report upload to plan administrator, 5500 reporting activities, and all employee and administrator communications.
- Address employees’ pay-related concerns and provide accurate payroll information.
- Complete requests for pay-related documents including statements and employee verification.
- Responsible for year-end payroll reporting.
- Manage and maintain comprehensive payroll files; ensure hard copies of applicable email communication and electronic documents are filed as appropriate.
- Provide necessary reports and information in support of audit activities (Worker’s Compensation audits, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Other payroll related items as requested.
- Generate customer sales quotes.
- Prepare and mail customer invoices.
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and contacting customers via phone, email, or mail.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Generate purchase orders.
- Purchase inventory and equipment.
- Maintain office and kitchen supplies.
- Associates degree in applicable field or equivalent work experience.
- One (1) year experience processing multi-state full-cycle payroll.
- Experience using ADP (Workforce Now) or similar payroll system.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, organization, and listening skills are required, as the person will be working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
- Outstanding communication skills (both oral and written).
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint).
- Experience with Great Plains or other accounting software a plus.
PatientSafe Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V). We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace and provide equal employment opportunities.